The seekers of upward mobility, particularly young professionals, are constantly looking for jobs in Canada – the land of immense opportunities and professional fulfilment. The young aspirants seek authentic info on how to get jobs in Canada from India to ensure bright and secure future. The country is known for professional ethics, sustainable welfare schemes, limitless job opportunities, supportive work culture, inclusive space and reliable economy. Owing to these factors the country has become one of the most sought after countries among Indians to look for jobs in Canada. It has unique set of immigration policies for all aspirants – be it students, job seekers, skilled workers, professionals, entrepreneurs, technicians and so on. The immigration and work policies have been framed to assimilate trained workers into the country’s economy in a streamlined manner.
Prominent Job Opportunities in Canada –
Canada’s thriving economy offers promising roles and umpteen job opportunities to young aspirants. Besides consistent support, the Consultant offers guidance based on candidate’s profile and credentials. Various experts engaged in leading industries in Canada also help these consultants in guiding aspirants.
List of Domains for Skilled Workers in Canada –
Jobs in IT sector: Owing to migration of IT companies from US to Canada, IT professionals are very much in demand n Nova Scotia, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan and in other provinces. There is a growing demand of Software Engineers, Web Developers, System Analysts, Technical Support, Network Engineer, Software Tester, Programmer and so on.
Jobs in Finance sector: The thriving economy of Canada has increased job opportunities in Finance sector. Various reputed organisations look out for ideal candidates for profiles such as Sales and Marketing, Accounts, Banking, Risk Management, Consultant, Private Banking, Chartered Accountant, Asset Management, Private Equity/Venture Capital and so on. These profiles are in demand in provinces such as British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
Jobs in Human Resource, Talent Acquisition and Public Relation sector: Several esteemed organisations in Canada scrutinise applications of job seekers in Human Resource and allied fields. The organisations offer lucrative positions in Talent Acquisition, Image Management, Public Relation, Brand Management, Operations Management, Business Development, Support Services and so on. These profiles are a rage in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
Jobs in Administration and Customer Service: Different well-paid profiles in Administration and Customer Services attract a large number of aspirants. Profiles such as Administrator, Logistics Manager, Customer Care, Executive Assistant, Secretarial positions and so on gain attention of young professionals to secure bright future in Canada. These profiles are in demand in provinces like British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
Jobs in Healthcare and Medical sector: Plenty of employment opportunities for Doctors, Nurses, Palliative Care professionals, Physiotherapists, Dentists, Pharmacists are available in British Colombia, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland and Ontario.
Jobs in Engineering sector: Canada is a favourable market for aspirants seeking to carve a niche in Engineering sector. Engineers are required in various domains like Chemical, Civil, Computer, Agriculture, Automobile, Biomedical, Aerospace and so on. Provinces like Ontario, Saskatchewan and Manitoba offer ample opportunities to engineers.
Jobs in Teaching sector: Considered a noble profession across the globe, Teaching profile is one of the most desired career options in Canada. Candidates can work as Teachers, Online Tutors, Counselors, Mentors, Curriculum Developer and so on. Teachers are very much in demand in Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan provinces.
Gateways to Enter Canada —
Canada is a heaven for those looking for high standard of living and reliable support system for well-being of their families. According to recent news reports the Canadian Parliament has announced plans to add more than one million new Permanent Residents (Gateway to Enter Canada) in next three years. It amounts to nearly one per cent of the country’s population each year.
Consider this –
- Canada welcomed more than 286,000 permanent residents in 2017
- The picturesque country target to reach 350,000 in 2019
- And 360,000 in 2020
- And 370,000 in 2021
Candidates can look for jobs in Canada from India under three categories—
1) Express Entry Gateway: Candidates are allocated an Express Entry Number after apply under Express Entry gateway. This number is mandatory to register for one the most popular Job Portal – Job Bank of Canada. It has a job pool with extensive database of employers who are searching right candidates and have a productive workforce in their companies. This pathway is best suited for professionals with an extensive work experience.
2) Online Job Hunt: Various job portals give platform to young professionals to look for job and growth opportunities in Canada. Experts advise candidates to ascertain credentials of such offers and prospective employers as well as duration of employment.
Here is a list of prominent job portals in Canada —
- Job Bank https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home (Only for Express Entry Applicants)
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers http://www.canadastop100.com/
- Career Builder http://careerbuilder.ca
- Career Jet http://www.careerjet.ca/
- Craigslist http://www.craigslist.ca
- Eluta – The Search Engine for New Jobs in Canada http://www.eluta.ca
- Headhunters Directory http://headhuntersdirectory.com/canada.htm
- Indeed http://canada.indeed.com
- Mazemaster – Youth Employment Link http://www.mazemaster.on.ca/users/jobbank/jobpostings.aspx
- Monster Canada http://www.monster.ca
- Riley Guide http://www.rileyguide.com/
- Simply Hired http://www.simplyhired.ca
- The Vault http://www.vault.com
- Vestiigo http://www.vestiigo.com/
- Workopolis http://www.workpolis.com
- Wow Jobs http://www.wowjobs.ca
Work Permit (WP) vs Permanent Residency (PR)
Granted to Skilled Professionals, Permanent Residence (PR) is a legal status that allows immigrants to reside and work anywhere in Canada. A work permit (WP) is a written authorization to work in Canada issued by an officer to citizens of other countries or a permanent resident of Canada. Usually, it is valid only for a specified job and duration.
Key Info –
- Only 5% of the total applicants secure direct Work Permit (WP) through Job Portals.
- The chances of securing jobs in Canada increase from 5% to 50% once candidates receive Permanent Residency.
- Canadian employers only show interest in resumes who have secured PR. The PR status ensures that candidates are eligible to work in Canada.
3) Transfer by Organisation: Based on employees’ performance and preferenceMNCs offer transfer to foreign countries. This option is not consistent since it relies on merit, skills and performance. This gateway is ideal for aspirants who are associated with MNCs and are willing to serve the organisation in the long term.
Canada’s friendly stance towards immigrants and new residents is appreciated by many Asian and Western nations. The world is noticing growing job opportunities for skilled workers and professionals in order to work and study in Canada. A wide range of benefits offered by the government of Canada and umpteen professional opportunities make this country prime destination to settle.
A leading Immigration Consultant, Signature Visas, takes immense pleasure in offering services to aspirants seeking jobs and PR status in Canada. Besides professional guidance we offer assistance to candidates in checking their eligibility, best suited employment opportunities and more updates. Supported by professionals engaged in various domains in Canada, our team of experts and counsellors help candidates in selecting best choices for career growth. Click here to receive exclusive guidance and best services or call us at ………….
Signature Visas Job Assistance Service after securing PR help candidates in preparing for job interviews before landing in Canada. For our Job Assistance service click here
Disclaimer– Candidates are advised to do research and scan immigration updates before hunting jobs in Canada.